grateful dead 1983
Someone on here said the boy's opened up with France, What show was that? Man its a bit easier than building a nice amount of shows on cassettes. There were more good shows than bad. What did these people expect him to say.When the lights went down and phil came on stage on his side, weir took center stage [at least then he did] and when Jerry walked out from behind his stack and gave that wave and smiled that started my very psychedelic journey to wherever it was that nite. (FOB/12th Row) Sennheiser 421 -> Cassette Master -> Dat -> CD (shnid=347) supplies: Collection GratefulDead Band/Artist Grateful Dead Resource DeadLists Project. Grateful Dead Live at Olympic Arena on 1983-10-17, gd1983-10-17.mtx.seamons.fix2.92424.sbeok.flac16, Advanced embedding details, examples, and help, http://ia902606.us.archive.org/19/items/jgb1984-05-20/jgb1984-05-20.mp3?cnt=0, http://www.archive.org/details/Shakedown_Street, www.archive.org/details/gd1979-05-05.sbd.miller.34557.flac16, Terms of Service (last updated 12/31/2014). This does capture the sound and the atmosphere very well. My 5 stars are for the 1st set. I've been to many Garden events and show and nothing beats Phil steeping up to the Mike duirng Stephen after a what? Me and one of best and closest friends [to this day]were the few from our traveling road show made the 900 mile trip to start down to richmond and if you heard any of that show you would agree, like we did, was well worth the trip. My friend JK had to give me a ticket. ---------------------------------------------------------------- Patch Info: (It may have ben louder when the Rangers won the cup in '94, but not much). Uploaded by One of my first shows, sophomore in college. Definitely a fantastic fall break from college. Set 1 Sugaree -> Little Red Rooster Friend Of The Devil To know that GD was there too, well it completes me. Shakedown Street, Wang Dang Doodle, Candyman, Minglewood Blues, Bird Song, Hell In A Bucket-> Day Job China Cat Sunflower-> I Know You Rider, Women Are Smarter, Terrapin Station-> Drums-> The Wheel-> Throwing Stones-> Not Fade Away-> One More Saturday Night, E: Revolution. C'mon now! Jerry just keeps pushing without rushing, like a tireless trailblazer leading the whole gang through Women are Smarter. High quality show, sugaree opener is flawless, love that tune, and show just keeps on blazing. Great show, amazing sound, Jerry is totally on!! (FOB/12th Row) Sennheiser 421 -> Master Cassette (Sony D5) -> Dat -> CD Venue. After opening up with a long Sugaree and some others I guess the boys got tired in the second set. Overall deserves the 5 stars. Best Recording of the night by the trixter himself. user picture. I love these matrix mixes - nice work, Hunter. WOw- take a listen to this- it is a cassidy like jam before the final verses of the song- it starts at the 5 minute mark- this was before they added that "smason and delilah" type instrumental which would be the final form of the song. The energy level seems to wane a bit in the second set and Jerry sounds outright tired. I great show to boot. 1983 is definitely not the best year ever. Seeing this matrix gets a lot of play, feel free to venture over to. This recording sounds pretty good, I like the show more than the recording. Share your show calendar with like-minded music fans. And plenty of other highlights. This one sure doesn't dissapoint but it felt like towards the end of the show they were rushing through it. They played St Stephen for the 1st time in 10 years and never hearing the song before it was not a big deal to me. Is there a good audience copy available? It was loud when they broke into Stephen, as loud as I've heard the Garden but the roof blew off when Phil stepped to the mike for the end of the song. Heck, I even replayed My Brother Esau a few times! --------------------------------------------------------------- Touch of Grey wass released in 1987, Just halfway through Sugaree you can already see this was a special night. “If you pour some music on whatever’s wrong, it’ll sure help out.”, “Just give me one thing that I can hold on to.”. Please watch and remember how sweet it was. This recording captures very well the WAVE that swept thru MSG when they busted out the Stephen. I love the little video clip below shows what the real scene was like back then. Jonathan Aizen Phil really brings it on this one, as does Brent at the end. I'm with you JBird, those that sought out quality tapes way back when will never grow frustrated by the amount of quality streams available to us all now thanks to all tapers, uploaders, and matrix makers indeed. Amazing 1st set, including one of the longest Deals I know of. Hunter strikes again. The second set is pretty weak on the song selection, but does have a nice To Lay Me Down, and the Space contains a Heaven Help the Fool segment. 77, In the reviews for Orono maine from spring of 83 I opined on the long, multi guitar break sugaree's from spring of 77 to 83. The drag is you cannot put the tin foil down. Grateful Dead Live at Carrier Dome, Syracuse U on 1983-10-22. YOU CANNOT. Sugaree opener is just spectacular. This show deserves a matrix and ths one is very nice. Garcia was on fire this first set. Three and a half stars at best for me. --------------------------------------------------------------- Pure bliss, so glad I was there! March 24, 2008 April 3, 2008 Remastered June 24, 2008 For those who enjoy the highest quality aud recordings for their ability to put us back in the crowd, this is one to get. I still remember the momment. This Sugaree is certainly one of the best, and they never played it with such energy after this - sans a few '85 versions maybe. I'm not crazy about '83 shows, but this one is amazing. Every third show on this site seems to be called the best Dead show ever by someone. Heck I'm still here mostly with cassette taped shows still. Jerry's guitar on Lay me Down is wildly active and soulful. 1) Portions of all songs were re-synced, except Friend of the Devil, Man Smart (Woman Smarter), Drums, and I Need a Miracle. Patches in "Samson" and "Space" Understandable, a 175 min show is worth every penny and then some if you were lucky enough to be there and now worth every minute! Not to mention you guys that did all the taping, thanks again. I give it a 4 for sound and a 5 for flavor. They taunted him, but let him go 10 seconds before the door on the last train out of NYC. Not my 1st GD but certainly unexpected. The energy leval in the halls after the show was some of the loudest ever as well. 34 Years ago today. Notes: MATRIX MIX: 2 SBD/ 1 AUD (About 60%/40%) Samplitude v7.02 Professional -> FLAC How about the gas situation driving home? I bombed the exams anyway and June 84 at SPAC ended up being my first show and the beginning of a good 9 year run. If you are not aware of this show, well then cue it up and away you go. Set 1: SBD -> Master Cassette -> Dat -> Sonic Solutions -> CD -> EAC -> FLAC Phenomenal Sugaree to open, and strong Rooster, Birdsong, and Deal as well. Is it just me or do these matrices seem a little over the top? The crowd was definitely louder than the band. haha. Now that I'm a sonic purist, there's no going back....if it isn't a Matrix or pure SBD, there's too much else to listen to out there.. You know you were witness to a very special night when there are 100's of reviews of a show you attended. This night is definitely not the best show ever. Lake Placid is about two hours from my hometown of Glens Falls, New York. Nice show, so many on here, one can refine the pallete as with the finest wines, assuming you got them for free like all these great shows are now! Only three years after the Miracle on Ice. Patch Info: Went up with some college friends from Colgate. Member for 13 years 4 months Submitted by TigerTrance on Tue, 06/05/2007 - 03:19. Some pretty high ratings for this show. Broome County Arena. Even thou this tour produced St Stephen 3 nights earlier and the following night, i believe this show OVER ALL in playing was better. You can hear him flag before the final chorus, and the rest of the band immediately picks it right up and raises the level. That's the whole joy to this show. Also, the scene had not yet grown too big so this was a very experienced crowd. And ya know what i wouldn't trade those nites back then for anything.There were no angels amongst us and to hear people trash jerry because he was getting high in a way they didn't understand those people were not getting out of the music what was being offered to them maybe it was a little deeper than they could swim.

Movies About Being Lost In The Desert, Price Glitches Reddit, Where Can I Sell My Sports Memorabilia Near Me, Luther Hargreeves Quotes, Aido Hwedo Dragon, Is Chris Taylor Married, Value Of Pennies, Placentia Police Scanner, Nigel Hayes Salary In Turkey, Bailes Proximos En El Patron Ny, Zane Tetevano Injury, What Happened To Mettin Copier, Fly Me To The Moon Chords Piano The Macarons Project, Wtf Is A Chad, Cobalt Electron Configuration, Unturned Storage Mods, Milan Tn Mugshots, English Dubbed Chinese Dramas, Amsterdam Quiz Questions And Answers, Tugaflix Filmes E Séries, Ucsd Dei Fall 2020, Its My Party And I'll Cry If I Want To 80s, Janai Norman Co Host, Sara Murray Instagram, City Of Dunkirk Tax Collector, Crolan Bike Review, Luka Samanic News, Saluki Breeders Virginia, Melville Benito Cereno Pdf, College Essay Guy If You Really Knew Me, Lucia Santina Ribisi, Did Richard And Dana Jewell Have Children, Algerian Swear Words, Mykola Allen Age, Scarify Seeds Vinegar, Cassie Randolph Huntington Beach Address, Goat Rescue California, Diy Fish Bat, Hektad Art For Sale, Poonam Sinha Age, David Alvarez Height, Bagram Air Base Dorms, Chloe Lmao 2020, Ethan Diamond Linkedin, Kirk Hammett Lani Hammett, Angelina Jordan Parents, The Chronicles Of Thomas Covenant Pdf, Bob Kendrick Apologizes, Patron Saint Of Football, How Do Hydra Reproduce, State Of Michigan Ems License Lookup, Ky07 Battery Replacement, Bird Shoreditch Closed, Broc Rutter Scouting Report, Broken Bleeder Valve Drum Brake,